I had one of those days today where reminiscing took over the brain and I was hit with the overwhelming urge for some Zeppelin…
When Steph and I were first dating, we shared the purchase of an album, Led Zeppelin II. She would keep it for a week and then I would take it for a week. We traded it back and forth like that for a while. Other Zeppelin albums followed and we ended up with a nice little collection when we were married.
I haven’t listened to any of it for years, but today as I was sitting at my desk preparing to leave for home, I suddenly needed to hear “What Is And What Should Never Be”. And it wasn’t a need like “Oh, that’s a good song. Wouldn’t it be nice to hear it again?” It was more like a vast and gaping hole in my being that could only be filled with that particular song. And more than just the song, I was longing to be lost in the wave of memory, thought, feeling and nostalgia that I knew deep down the song would evoke.
Strange…
I waited until Steph left for work and I had put the kids in bed to dig it out. Ahhh, just what I needed. So good. And now I sit here... listening, reminiscing, and typing... as if anybody gives two squirts of piss about me or what I have to say.
Now, before I bid you adieu my offended reader, might I recommend that if you are not educated in the greatness that is Zeppelin, the second album is definitely worth checking out. Aside from the two or three songs that anybody on the planet would recognize (regardless of age), “What Is And What Should Never Be” and “Thank You” are my two personal favorites ("Thank You" is Steph's fav).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I remember that shared album. It was when I found out that you two had shared that purchase that I knew you would end up married! Love based on Zeppelin...nothin' sweeter!
Post a Comment